On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Stephen Hope <slh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen a similar case to the problem you described elsewhere,
> though. There's a complex I've been to where only vehicles with a
> key/transponder of some sort can use most of the entrances.  All other
> vehicles have to go through the main entrance, which (usually) has
> security personnel.  Once you're inside, though, you can drive around
> and exit anywhere.  So most of the entrances are restricted one way,
> but not the other.  I'm not sure how you'd tag that, either.

Sounds like the ways are access=private, and nodes where the gates
meet the roadways (I assume there are gates?) are barrier=gate,
oneway=yes.  I'm basing the oneway=yes from
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Barrier#Examples, though it's not
clear to me how the oneway part is supposed to be applied.  That
should be clarified.

The part about "once you're inside..." is, in my opinion, a red
herring.  Once you're inside, the assumption is that you must have had
permission to be there in order to have gotten there.  This is true of
any access=private road I can think of.