On 11/7/2011 5:41 PM, Dmitri Lebedev wrote:
Is a ridge something that can be auto-generated from good
elevationdata? If so, probably only named ridges need to be mapped.

I think it's ok to map unnamed ridges, just to show that some borders go
by them. Also, on a flat map without elevation lines, but with
semi-transparent overlay imitating shadows, peaks connected together
will make more sense. Right now, look at any mountaineous region, the
peaks just stick out chaotically. I think it's worth connecting them
together.

What I mean is that if the ridges can be auto-generated, they can be rendered without being in the database.