At 2012-02-20 03:44, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
On the German ML we are currently discussing how to applicate "ele" to
towers (and similar situations). There is consensus that the key
"height" is describing the height of the structure from the ground to
the top. There is also consensus to tag elevation data in WGS84 (so
that numbers in local systems would typically have to be converted
before you can enter them).

This is the standard for FCC (communications) and FAA (airspace) in the US. Well, close at least - elevations are generally "above mean sea level" - I don't know how that relates to the WGS84/GPS and/or survey elevation but I'd expect them to be close.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>