On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Georg Feddern <o...@bavarianmallet.de>wrote:

> in your example the angle at the considered point is far from dangerous or
> considerable.
> Your angle is in the range up to 45° and doesn't even reach 90° (a typical
> crossing / turn situation).
>
> Points of no u-turn - that have to be considered - have angles
> - beyond 90° (may be a sharp turn or a crossing at a combine situation)
> - mostly beyond 120° and often beyond 150°

Roads on the sides of hills very often have turns off the road that are
more then 120deg, even 150. The first example I can think of is:
http://osm.org/go/YeSTZ08Fj-- (from one of Port-au-Prince main roads, not
even a very steep hillside = ca. 125-130 deg turn coming downhill and
turning left to a bit of a drop-off but something that is a regular thing
here).

I'm only starting to get into routing data issues but just thinking of this
logically it would seem to me as odd if we assumed something to be
forbidden globally based on a local rule -- without explicit data marking
the restriction.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers from Haiti,
-Jaakko