On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a tag in use for weigh stations, places where trucks are weighed to
> ensure that they are not too heavy?

I think the only thing I've done for weigh stations so far is put a
"exit_to=Weigh Station" on the exit nodes on interstates. But I could
certainly see using a highway=weigh_station or something like that for
the area, similar to highway=rest_area|services. Is there any use in
noting wich weigh stations support PrePass[1]? Maybe just a
prepass=yes|no tag? This is clearly visible on the road with signs
that tell drivers to follow in-cab PrePass prompts plus the
overhanging sensors to read the transponder.

[1] http://www.prepass.com/services/prepass/Pages/WhatIsPrepass.aspx

Toby