I'd like to get some input about tagging golf courses as navigation targets.

I found a detailed page describing the tagging for the actual sporting areas (tees, greens etc) but no clear pointers about how to tag things to get you to the course in the first place. The club house building is often in the middle of nowhere and often not near the centroid of the course. So to get a POI usable for navigation, we should have some way of indicating the clubhouse (and the associated parking areas) and/or the entrance (road).

The clubhouse could be a {leisure=sports_centre,sport=golf} but calling it a sports centre might be stretching the imagination a bit. Maybe {club=sport,sport=golf}?

Assuming the public entrance road crosses the boundary of the course area at some point, a shared node with entrance=yes might be useful for navigation.

Does anyone have any suggestions how these can best be tagged?

Colin