2012/6/19 Martin Vonwald <imagic....@gmail.com>:
> I don't think the classifier would make much sense in this case.

+1

> You
> want to tag the national reference. In Austria this would be the
> austrian (and only austrian) reference, in Germany the german (and
> only german) reference, in the UK ... you got it. You wouldn't tag a
> ref:UK in France. I think this is the difference compared to tags like
> name.

I think you are confusing name:de (name in German languare) with
name:DE (name in Germany).

Tags with country namespace are for instance: "school:FR" (for a
schooltype according to the system in France, note that the school
does not necessarily have to be in France, it should be a school type
according to the system in France, but could also be a french school
abroad). You could tag a ref:UK in France if the UK had their own
system for these features outside the UK.

cheers,
Martin