Am 01.08.2012 21:02, schrieb Mike N:
On 8/1/2012 2:51 PM, Peter Wendorff wrote:
Bing I think provided the imagery, but I don't think we really got much
mappers through bing. Apart from the news we got due to that in the
press, I don't even believe many bing users REALIZE that they use an
open project where they could contribute.

Bing does not yet use OSM for any of its map products. I see the Bing imagery donation as a strategic possibility for them to use OSM in the future when it is as useful as Navteq overall, with the added benefit of insane detail in some locations that competes well against Google.
http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/maps/archive/2010/08/02/bing-maps-added-open-street-maps-layer.aspx

I'm not sure if that's still actual information, but that's what I had in mind.

regards
Peter