Hi

A user in GB has been editing railway lines by adding tracks=4 even though each individual track has been mapped:

www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/174899570

From the railway page of the wiki:

"When modeling multi-track parallel railway lines in close proximity they can either be modeled as a single way with tracks=*, or as a number of parallel ways." "The tracks=* tag should be used to record the number of tracks with a default value of 1 being assumed where this is not supplied. "

In the example he's tagged each way with tracks=4. Going on what the wiki says this implies there are a total of 16 tracks on the ground. This seems incorrect tagging to me.

I've contacted him directly & received a reply but he appears to think his way is correct & the wiki wrong, so I'm posting here for advice & clarification.

Cheers
Dave F.