I saw the choice between dest_ref and destination_ref and adopted dest_ref for the simple reason that it's shorter. In my mkgmap styles I allow for either, and recently added destination:ref to that list.

I'm not particularly bothered which one wins, but I'm always in favour of a bit of standardisation.

Slightly OT: Can I put in a plea to continue to populate these tags on the way as a whole even when the :lanes: data is present? Promising as it is, it will take a while before :lanes is properly supported by mappers and tools. Please don't remove useful, working data just because there's a new kid on the block.

Colin