2012/11/23 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>

> Maybe access=residents?

Access=residents is a bit too general, but that's exactly how signs in
Croatia look: "No access except residents". (Then I say, "well I'm a
resident" and laugh to myself).

at least we shouldn't put wrong restrictions on purpose, because this
> will prevent any software or human from understanding the situation. A
> fixme is there to sign an error, it is not something I'd want to have
> peramently on the map, and a note is OK for human trying to understand
> the situation but we shouldn't rely on this when tagging a situation.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

I had an idea to take this further. For example, you have to map a case
where residents of an address number can access a road. You make a relation
with members that are exactly like a turn restriction that forbids turning
into that road. Than you add new members to that relation, like
housenumbers, private parking places, or maybe a village. Their roles could
be something like "except".
That way, if somebody asks a router to go to that address, router can
automaticaly pass him through. Or if the router can route through a border
that only residents of a certain village can go through, the router could
ask "are you from this village".

Janko Mihelić