Just to be sure, I have consulted my professional electrical engineer
colleagues.
We agree that there is some space for ambiguity.
When one (overground) power line (which is composed of several conductors)
goes underground, the power line continues as one or several underground
cables, depending on the technical implementation. High-power lines are
always implemented underground as several cables with every cable carrying
one conductor, as seems to be shown in the example picture
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-CnkQkGiPmbs/UFM6M2N0lUI/AAAAAAAAArk/IMZxA3i6SmY/s1600/tunnel.png

My conclusion: I would simply suggest to accept both power=line and
power=cable as equivalent. The average mapper is not an electrical engineer
after all.

Volker