Greetings to the list,

I've started revising my bridge tagging proposal
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Bridge_types>
based on the comments received in the last go-round in January. There
are three specific questions I'd like some feedback on before I submit
a full RFC again.

As preface, I should note that I feel it is important to create at
least one key in addition to "bridge". Trying to fit all of the
proposed values in one key will inevitably lead to conflicts: how do
we represent a beam bridge that is also covered? A viaduct that is
also an arch bridge? a cantilever made of truss spans? The "railway"
key has problems caused by the all-in-one approach: how do you
represent a disused narrow-gauge heritage railway? I'm not going to
float a bridge proposal that sets us up for similar problems.

That said, the first of my questions is "How should we divide these
values among keys"? My proposal basically follows the dichotomy Martin
Koppenhoefer laid out here