dieterdreist wrote:
> bicycle=no indicates that you cannot (legally) ride your bicycle there.
> If you dismount and push you become a pedestrian, so you are not
> riding a bicycle and bicycle=no has no effect on you.

That may not be the case in the UK.

The law allows walkers and their "usual accompaniments" along public
footpaths. It's generally agreed that (for example) a car is not a "usual
accompaniment", so you can't push a car along a public footpath. It is
unclear whether or not a bike is. CTC (the Cyclists' Touring Club) thinks it
is, many local councils disagree.

That said, for routing purposes in the UK, I treat bicycle=no the same as
bicycle=dismount, because in reality the tag is often used on paths where
cycling is tolerated.

cheers
Richard