Am 01.12.2013 21:04, schrieb Egil Hjelmeland:
> On 01. des. 2013 18:11, Peter Wendorff wrote:

>>> Check https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:contact
>> Yes, it's defined there, but that doesn't make it a good solution.
>> It's used 180 times worldwide according to taginfo.
>>
>> A check through first 50 values listed in taginfo [1] reveals:
>> 1) all of them are website urls
>> 2) most of the URLs are dead or wrong
>> 3) the valid ones are mixed: some refer to the image, some to a website
>> containing the image, some probably even to a fixed image (not updated),
>> but I couldn't check that properly.
>> 4) 80 values are from the same domain and refer to cameras of the same
>> operator or organization:
>> http://www1.eot.state.ma.us/cam_updated_images/*.jpg
>>
>> To conclude this I would say:
>> The tag is not yet used much (especially due to (4)).
>> It is not used in a unified way (see (3))
>>
>> Therefore it's not useable in the current form.
>>
>> And as it doesn't fit semantically (it's not a URL to contact someone,
>> but to see something), I don't see a big issue in "fixing" that by
>> moving the tag to another key and to define it better.
>>
>> regards
>> Peter
>>
>> [1] http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/contact%3Awebcam#values

> Do you have any reference to back up your claim that contact:*= is
> intended only to provide contact info for reaching  humans?
" The contact tag is the prefix for several contact:* keys to describe
contacts. " [1]

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:contact:webcam

This isn't perfectly what you referred to, but let me try to explain my
interpretation of this and why it excludes for example the discussed
contact:webcam:

For this example, contact:webcam is ambiguous: it may be the webcam
operating team inside the operating company or whatever, or it may be
the imagery of the webcam.

But if it's the latter (which I personally don't agree), then we could
extend contact by other stuff, too:

A shop with a product catalogue availlable online in a machine readable
form could get contact:productlist=....xml

An installation that can be remote-controlled could get
contact:remotecontrol=*

I think, contact should be restricted to ways of getting in contact to
someone, and IMHO seeing images of a webcam is not getting in contact to
the webcam or "someone" else.

regards
Peter