On 12/3/2013 8:48 AM, André Pirard wrote:
I doubt very much that this tags helps anybody or any quality-check
program to understand anything. A note should suffice, and I think the
best option would be to remove that confusing tag.

It is a signal to quality checking programs such as KeepRight. It shows that when a way ends near another way but doesn't connect, that there is no physical connection on the ground.

For your example, the usage is not correct because there is a track connected to the road. Possibly the track was added later and the mapper did not notice the noexit tag on the road.