@ Martin

I understand what you are saying. With regard to routing I did not expect
we had to explain why it could be improved by this new tag. There have been
some examples like this
one<http://graphhopper.com/maps/?point=52.508705%2C13.273662&point=52.509385%2C13.270111&vehicle=BIKE&locale=nl>showing
that a router that wants SHORTEST way has no way of knowing it
should not take the main road. Still routing is a difficult issue. And as
some say... routing is not something to be mapped as a prime goal so our
aim is to just focus on bicycle access. A better routing is then a spin
off. Discussions about routing leads away from  "bicycle access" as the
main goal. I think (but you never know ;-) )  it is easier to explain that
bicycle access on these roads differs from roads with explicit ban or roads
that allow cycling (always). Having said that.... it still is difficult to
come to some sort of agreement but we're going to give it a try.

Cheers
PeeWee32

2013/12/14 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>

> 2013/12/13 Pee Wee <piewi...@gmail.com>
>
>> Today the voting of the
>> bicycle=use_cycleway<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Bicycle_use_cycleway>ended.
>>  Voting results:
>>

>> Yes:  10 (not counting the 2 that made the proposal)
>>
>> No:  11
>>
>> Abstain:  3
>>

>> This is reason enough for us to work on a better proposal so we reject
>> the current one.
>>

> if you look at the reasons from the rejecters you'll find that the vast
> majority of them neglected in general that this was something to be tagged,
> either they said the routing software should solve this (impossible btw.,
> if there is no hint in the data, how should the router do it?), or they
> existing tags would suffice (these said you should tag bicycle=no or
> destination on the road, what is not working and has already been
> discussed).
>
> As these are the reasons for opposing this, a "better proposal" very
> likely won't change anything (when the problem is not understood, no
> solution will be agreed on).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Verbeter de wereld. Word mapper voor