Dear Dave, Steve, Philip

Thank you very much for your replies.

If I understand correctly, you all advocate to use "apartment" instead of
"flat".

As being non-native English, I can not really judge on this (I just learned
"flat" in school, so ... at may age :-) ), so no problem for me to change.

On the other hand, I think it's important to keep the part "holiday" in it,
since the term "apartment" is already used in "normal" buildings to specify the
type of building (e.g. being residential apartments), or the number of
apartments or so, and though this might lead to confusion.

@Philip: I agree that we should wherever possible respect actual use of tags.
But for me, 237 uses is not strong enough to make a prejudice. If the proposal
is accepted, I think this can be changed later if wished.

So, "tourism=holiday_apartment" should be clear that this is a flat you can
actually rent for a weeks vacation or so.

Do you agree on that?

In general, do you think it's worth making a new tag?

Thanks, Nounours

P.S.: The page is still under the old name, it will be moved when (if) we get
to the voting stage:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/holiday_flat