Robin `ypid` Schneider writes:

I mean the correction
'0930-0630' -> '09:30-06:30'*
seams quite straight forward and I guess if someone aware of the wiki page about
opening_hours will find such a value he/she will change it by hand anyway.
I assume that this will improve the data quality and will not lead to opposite.
* value unlikely for this facility: added fixme node:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2600853055/history

This is a perfect example of a change which should *NOT* be automated.

with the "0930-0630" syntax it's easy to highlight on a quality check tool as the syntax is wrong. By checking the syntax a human would likely notice that the opening hour might be fine for a fast-food restaurant, but not for a government passport office. So a human mapper would not only fix the syntax, but also fix the wrong usage of a 12 hour time format and write "09:30-18:30", probably even noticing it's not open every day and writing "Mo-Fr 09:30-18:30".

When your bot would have changed it to "09:30-06:30" it's a lot more difficult to actually spot this suspicious data.

Stephan