> I think you do not need peninsula:1:en=...
> Why not simply natural=peninsula name=* etc.?
> If they are nested you can see this from the geometry data.

Because the same coastline would have both peninsula names.

> I don't like your proposal.
>
> First of all, if people were to really use this, *every* *single*
> *piece* of coastline of mainland Europe would receive one extra tag
> (namely saying "this is part of the European peninsula"). If you happen
> to be in Spain it woudl be two extra tags, and in some areas up to four
> as you point out.
>
> And that's only for one langauge. Undoubtedly the language buffs would
> be all over this new field of endeavour in no time, and then every piece
> of Spanish coastline would have about 80 new tags or so.
>
> Or have I misunderstood something?

You got it right. And I agree, if we leave the proposal at this, that meana
a lot of tags.

So first, we can ignore the big peninsulas like Europe. I only used that
for the example.

Second, for big peninsulas we can use only one unifying tag like
peninsula:1:wikidata=Q12837 <http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q12837> and
forget about names. Names can be added in Wikidata.

Janko