On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM, John Packer <john.pack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I removed the value "opposite" from the page.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:driving_side&oldid=1008962

Sad. I'll not come back on this but you missed the main advantages of
the "opposite" value:
- for applications that need to know the driving side, they will need
to know the country rule anyway since we cannot expect that all
highways will be tagged with this attribute.
- for contributors, forcing them to use "opposite" on ways is clearly
indicating that we only want to tag the exceptions (avoid an
uncontrolled growth of normal driving_side=left/right on ways)

Pieren