> I'm not so sure about operator:wikidata=* (or wikidata:operator=* as
> suggested on the wiki talk page) and the other similar tags like that. I
> think this should be discussed more since the current set of proposed
> supplementary tags seem like an arbitrary set. Why these (operator, brand,
> artist, etc.) and not others? If we can conceivably tag other properties
> with Wikidata entities, we should have a more generalized scheme for adding
> such tags.

What do you suggest?

I think these tags are essential because the wikidata tag should be used
very carefully. People are probably going to start tagging McDonalds
restaurants with wikidata=Q38076 <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q38076>.
That is (maybe not so obviously) wrong because that little restaurant isn't
a multinational company. It's a restaurant that uses their franchise.

That's why there should be several predefined tags so we don't end up with
lots of bad data.

operator:wikidata is better IMHO because you can also have operator:source,
operator:webpage, and it makes more sense to do it in that order.

Janko