> Not only was I disappointed to see this ticket:
>
>    http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/9885
>
> closed as "wontfix", but I don't understand the reason given:
>
>    This format seems not to be used much.
>    Too much work for too little gain.
>
> not least since I specifically referred to "an hCard microformat or
> some other contact metadata".
>
> Was I unclear in my proposal?

No, it was clear. However, when I read the ticket, my first thought
was, "That would be ideal for a josm plugin, and I don't see why
anyone would propose it for core josm rather than a plugin." I didn't
want to say it out loud and pre-empt decisions of actual josm
developers.

I know how those microformats work but I don't feel that they're very
common, so I don't have any particular problem with the reason given.
Do you feel to the contrary, that they are "used much"? Do many
business/organisation websites actually add these things?

Best
Dan