On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:53:44AM +0000, Philip Barnes wrote:
> Whilst I think this is a very bad idea for the same reasons as already given
> by Martin and Janko.
>
> What on earth is a Brunnel? I don't know and neither does google. I have an
> idea from reading the thread but I wonder how many have ignored the thread
> through the choice of words in the title?

A brunnel is a crossbreed of a bridge with a tunnel. It has been used somewhere
to describe
constructions where it is not easy to decide whether a grade separated crossing
is better
described as a tunnel under a road or bridge above something. The distinction
between bridge
and tunnel variant is somewhat arbitrary, very often completely uninteresting -
and in many
cases the construction is really something of a mix of a bridge and tunnel.

Richard