Am 15.05.2014 11:18, schrieb John Willis:> Oops, forgot the link.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=36.40776&mlon=139.32700#map=19/36.40776/139.32700

And you did hijack another thread.

> Sent from my iPhone

>> On May 15, 2014, at 6:14 PM, John Willis <jo...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have mapped some complicated intersections using links to represent
turn lanes and other options in very large intersections. The links are
connected exactly where they would logically connect one road to the
other for each direction.

>> Recently, I have been using Apple's turn by turn directions here in
Japan (love it), and they seem to represent complicated intersections in
a similar manner.

>> Is there a philosophical or practical downside to representing a non-
motorway in this manner? I am insure of how this effects the validity of
the data, but for the current renderer, there seems to be no real visual
issue, besides the arrows.

>> Looking for feedback.

-100
In my town we did revert lots of intersection mapped like this. If you
want to map lanes please use *:lanes. All explained in the wiki [1].

If you tag like this a router will not direct you to the appropriate
lane once you did pass the connection node. Only split highway=* if
there is a physical barrier in between. E.g. the picture on the wiki
page above would be still only on OSM way with two lanes in one and
three lanes in the other direction (forward/backward).

Cheers fly

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lanes