From: Pee Wee <piewi...@gmail.com>
Date: 2014-05-02 13:32 GMT+02:00
Subject: Feature Proposal - Voting - (bicycle=use_sidepath) (was
use_sideway)
To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging@openstreetmap.org>

On march 16 we launched the RFC for a "use_sideway" tag.

There has not been much discussion about the proposal. The most discussion
was on the NL forum about the name of the tag.  It was mentioned that the
word "sideway" is not a clear English word and can be confusing. There have
been a few other proposals for the name of this tag but it is very hard to
get consensus so we had to finally make a decision.
We changed to
"use_sidepath<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/use_sidepath>"
which was also proposed before.  A google picture
search<https://www.google.de/search?q=sidepath&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TVJbU4X2KMLVOfPiAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=933&dpr=1>showed
more or less the right thing. Changing the name of coarse causes
changing the URL so we set the status of the use_sideway to rejected and
created a new page:
bicycle=use_sidepath<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/use_sidepath>.

Happy voting

Cheers