Hello,

I used to believe that, by definition, all roundabouts have free
transit and right of way along the circle, and that anything that
didn't display that property isn't a roundabout (just a circle). But
reading the wiki once again, I'm a little in doubt. The wiki mentions
that this is a roundabout, but I would previously have thought it
wasn't because of the traffic lights within it:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/52.59689/-1.14146

So why is it a roundabout? Is it because of the circular shape? Or
could it be because it's impossible to infer that any of the entering
ways have right of way, since they are all controlled by traffic
lights?

--
Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409