I would advise to be cautious with adding wikidata tags with a bot, because
a wikipedia article could have been moved and the wikidata tag would point
to a wrong page. (i.e. the bot should also perform the standard checks even
in this case)

I believe leaving the wikipedia tag in place while adding the wikidata tag
would be better in most cases.
The main reason is that the wikipedia key is well established and supported
in some sites, which either point a link to it or use some image from the
page.