> Am 05/lug/2014 um 23:30 schrieb André Pirard <a.pirard.pa...@gmail.com>:
>
> Lakes usually flow, and I would guess more than canals that are not     water
> ducts.
> They're mostly a river meeting a hole, filling it and overflowing at the
> other end.

lakes don't flow. They have a layering of different temperature/water zones and
by definition do not "flow". They often have an inflow and an outflow (not sure
if these are the correct English hydrological terms) so there might be a minor
flow present, but the lake as such is non-flowing.

This said, there are also other types of non-flowing bodies of surface water.

cheers,
Martin