Hello,
I've just stumbled upon the two keys min_age=* and minage=*.

Both have a WIki-page and seem to mean a similar thing:
* min_age: "It is used when the visitors of an amenity need to have a
minimum age in years. "
* minage: "It tells you how old you have to be to enter a shop, venue,
building or any kind of place where people can enter."

In my eyes one of them should be eliminated. If you look at the
key-usage, min_age is only 6x (max_age only 1x) used, whereas minage is
used ~600x (maxage ~500x).
Nevertheless, my favourite is min_age, because it's more readable. When
I first saw the tag minage=*, I first thought about "menage" or the
French word for mining, rather than "minimum age".

But I see another problem with this tag:
The wiki-page of min_age=* [1] suggests to use it with amenity=school,
the wiki-page of minage=* [2] suggests to use it with shop=erotic and
the wiki-pages of maxage=* [3] and max_age=* [4] suggest to use it with
leisure=playground.
In my opinion, we need two different tags for this. One should tell me
the minimum/maximum age required to enter something (e.g. an erotic-shop
or the track of a rollercoaster) and the other should tell me the
minimum/maximum age required to use something (e.g. a playground, a
kindergarten or a school). The latter would allow people who do not fit
the requirement to enter the object, but would disallow them to "use" it
(or use services, that are provided there).

I'd propose to use for example min_age:usage and min_age:admission
(analog for maximum age) to distinguish the different cases.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Florian

[1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:min_age