On 2014-08-04 05:52, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

On Sun, 2014-08-03 at 13:19 -0700, Tod Fitch wrote:

Thinking about this there seems to be several items that distinguish a fast food restaurant from other restaurants in my mind: 1. Does it have a drive-through window? Yes implies fast food. 1. Are the plates and cutlery are disposable? Yes implies fast food.

Agree with both of these for the most part.

2. Does the establishment has a license to sell alcoholic beverages? No implies fast food.

However, yes does not imply "not fast food" either, as it would
disqualify Chipotle and Taco Cabana, both of which serve margaritas, and
the latter at least has bottled beer too.

"No alcohol" does not imply fast_food at many "middle eastern" restaurants either, nor at restaurants with a "bring your own wine" compromise policy either. I don't think alcohol has anything at all to do with the distinction between restaurant and fast_food.

--colin