Am 24.08.2014 13:20, schrieb Lukas Sommer:
> Hello everyone.
>
> In some countries (Japan, Korea…), people orient themselves in the local
> area using the names of road junctions or traffic signals rather then
> the names of streets.
>
> I have documented the current tagging practice for simple junctions at
> the following new wiki pages:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Named_spots_instead_of_street_names
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:junction%3Dyes
>
> Furthermore, some more text has been added here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dtraffic_signals#Named_traffic_signals.2Ftraffic_signal_systems_.28Japan.E2.80.A6.29
>
> Feedback and/or corrections are welcome.
>
> The current tagging practice works well for simple junctions, but makes
> problems on complex junctions. Therefore, the proposal
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tagging_for_complex_junctions_or_traffic_signals_that_are_named
> has been created. Particularly if you are mapping in one of the
> concerned countries please participate at the discussion at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Tagging_for_complex_junctions_or_traffic_signals_that_are_named

Nice summary. Thanks

Did you have a look at the three existing proposals about complex
junctions ?
All are linked under:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Junction

Note, that in Germany micromapping is mapping highway=traffic_sign +
crossing=traffic_sign/* on a node at the crossing and not at the
intersection node. I even have found highway=traffic_signal at the road
marking and another highway=crossing for the pedestrian crossing both in
advance of the intersection node.

Personally, I did start to add direction=* to traffic_signals for only
one direction.

Cheers fly