The case of Japan is different. In Japan, the name belongs to the _traffic
signal_, and _not_ to the junction. We need to distinguish this, because
they are usually differently rendered (traffic signal names usually with an
icon and junction names usually without an icon).

But what would we gain when we distinguish between th:junction_area and
kr:junction_area - because here we have two values for the same feature.

While the tagging has a certain focus on some asian countries, I would
prefer to keep this country-independent.

Lukas Sommer