node (per club) within the building to indicate some relationship
between the club and the building.

Colin

On 2014-11-24 14:36, Richard Z. wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 02:13:07PM +0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> approved http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Club [1] chess
> has an own club=chess, as has fishing, automobile, hiking - all of which can
> be either leisure type or sport type activities. I think "club=automobile"
> for a motorsport / racing club would not be very well chosen as this might
> really mean a lot of different things, some of them clearly neither "leisure"
> nor "sport", e.g. the "ADAC" (biggest German automobile club, almost every
> 4th German is a member, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADAC [2] ) does organize
> also some racing event, but is mostly seen as kind of insurance if your car
> breaks down (and as very strong political lobbyist advocating mainly
> individual motorized traffic). Documentation of the club tag is very scarse
> at the moment: http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Key:club [3] and I am not sure how it
> can be improved, e.g. if I wanted to write something about club=automobile,
> would I
have to write to all the mappers that have put these 127 club=automobile on the
map, to ask what they have used the tag for?

I think much the same problem exists with other club=value as well like
club=chess? Nevertheless.. you may walk by a building with a tag
something
like a "chess-club" and if it is mapped as club=chess it is "correct".
It is also fairly un-informative but we are supposed to map what we see
and not do background checks of clubs with google or wikipedia?

Richard

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Club