LS>  I agree with you if you say that “usage”
LS> sounds like a very general key and not a railway specific key. So the
LS> railway guys have just been a little faster than the power guys and
LS> “occupied” this key. I would accept this and search another key to avoid
LS> unnecessary conflicts. I don’t insist in “power:usage”. It can also be
LS> something else, but I would introduce a new key for this.

"usage" is discouraged because the railway guys already use it.
"network" is discouraged because the bus/cycle guys alread use it. if
this trend continues, we may run out of suitable words in the
english language one day.

what about "system=*" or "purpose=*"? even prefixed as "power:system",
"pipeline:system"?

cu

LS> cu

LS> Lukas Sommer

>> Hi Lukas,
>>
>> I don't like this : railway guys introduced usage without any namespace.
>> Why should power introduce one ?
>>
>> usage=* is a common tag. The proposal isn't introducing power:location
>> instead of location=* even if there is some specific values.
>>
>> Do you agree ?
>>
>> *François Lacombe*
>>
>> fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com
>> www.infos-reseaux.com
>> @InfosReseaux <http://www.twitter.com/InfosReseaux>

>>> Maybe we could use a key with a namespace: “power:usage=*” or something
>>> else. Keeping is separate from the railway usage could give us more
>>> clairity.
>>>
>>> Lukas Sommer

--- NOT sent from an iPhone