From: Martin Vonwald [mailto:imagic....@gmail.com]
Sent: Montag, 22. Dezember 2014 15:17
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs., optional
cycletracks)

I think the only need for 'obligatory cycleway' is to remove bicyclist from
certain roads! e.g.

I'm bicycling north to south.. there is an obligatory cycleway 1000 kms west of
me ..
Do I have to use it? No. Totally unreasonable.
Or is it only obligatory for the adjacent road? Yes. In which case the road can
be tagged bicycle=no ...

No. If - for example - you need to turn left on the next crossing and the
adjacent cycleway is separated from the main road so that it is not possible to
turn left from the cycleway, you are allowed to switch to the main road and
drive on it in order to turn left. So bicycle=no is never correct in such
situation.

Best regards,

Martin