Hi, I saw that a user recently added a suggestion in the wikipage  Key:source
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:source>   to add the date of the
source of the object in a separate tag called source:date=*.

Example:
source=survey
source:date=2014-08-15

Another example:
source:name=XYZ
source:name:date=2011-11-13

This suggestion was added to the page having as a goal machine-readability,
however the suggestion that was there before the page was changed also seems
to be machine-readable.
It was to add the date in the source tag itself, using the same date
standard, after specifying the source. The previous examples would be
"source=survey 2014-08-15" and "source:name=XYZ 2011-11-13".
As far as I can see, using only one tag is preferred, and as long as the
format is respected (which will be respected if the user was interested in
machine-readability anyway), it can still be read by a machine even with a
simple regular expression.

What do you guys think?