I never understood the cycleway=opposite. I would really need a picture of
a situation where you need it.

IMHO you do not have to use this tag on a oneway street where cyclists can
drive in both directions, but on their own side. So I think your
requirement to always add it to a oneway street that allows cyclists in
both directions is wrong.

regards