Hi,

there is a sentence on

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dcycleway

which says

"It is also possible to use {{Tag|sidewalk|right}}/*=left [on
highway=cycleway] to indicate which side of the segregated path
pedestrians should walk on (where right/left is relative to the way's
direction)."

It was originally contributed by ulamm and modified by RobJN after a
short discussion (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:RobJN).
But this is the opposite of what is written on

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sidewalks

"The inclusion of sidewalk information makes it easier to provide
effective pedestrian routing, and in particular good narrative
descriptions of pedestrian routes along motorised roads. The sidewalk
tag is not needed on non-motorised thoroughfares, for example
highway=footway/cycleway/path/brideway/track. "

I think there better solutions to the problem than ulamm's.

If there are no further arguments, I will remove the sentence from the
first citation. What is your opinion on that?

Cheers
Tobias