Querying runway lengrh from the database - sorry I missed this proposal.

I see three problems:

What about small airport next to big one - how it should be guessed who
operates which runways?
As both are mapped as nodes it is necessary to guess.

Writing query to calculate it is not trivial (for start - runway may be
segmented and consist of multiple
ways).

It is possible that such query will be too expensive to run it as it would
degrade performance of
rendering server.