Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 16, 2015, at 10:54 PM, Dan S <danstowell+...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's not a flaw - you've already given the solution in your own email:
>
>> Basically you want to label restaurants/shops only if they offer something
>> different from what's the typical local fare.

Exactly - here in japan, the local restaurant type of ramen, soba, cutlet,
sushi, dango, yakisoba, okonomiyaki, etc would all have their own cuisine tags
(probably in Japanese) as that what people search for. There are also ethnic
shops - Philippine restaurants and shops, Peruvian restaurants ad shops, etc
for the local foreigners.
I think there should be ethnic=*, Nationality=* , or culture=*tag that can be
used for any feature when it is a feature of the place to esperate it from the
country it is in. , or focuses on goods and services from a specific place.
(Greman car repair?)

There are Philippine dance clubs in my area, plastered with flags. - but the
word Philippine is not in the title of the club, but it is a big part of the
shop identity.

Similarly, Korean BBQ and Japanese BBQ are very similar - but often the shops
will differentiate based on nationality - but they are all (to Japanese people,
at least) BBQ.

If I search BBQ, it would be nice to see them all, or "Korean BBQ" and get just
the Korean ones. I'm not sure how the tag space searches are handled.

In San Diego, there is a basically just "Japanese" or "sushi" restaurants, and
Japanese markets. There is a small "all things bright and British" shop in my
hometown, plastered with big Union Jack flag - a culture=British might be
useful.

Javbw