On 19.01.2015 09:57, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> Dmitry, this isn't true. Conscription number/street number is just a
> special sort of an address, it's not like two totally separate
> addresses. Yes, you can use a part of it to address a building
> (conscription number + optional street + optional locality name +
> city), but anyway the official address is still just one.

That's wrong, as I've already explained in another message. When you write a
letter to an address in Austria using a conscription number, you MUST omit
the street name. Otherwise the letter will be returned as undeliverable.

Similarly, the official address at a given time either contains a
street+housenumber or a conscription number, not both. In villages where
street+housenumber combinations are introduced, the conscription numbers
become officially invalid. The reason why we want to keep them in OSM is
that conscription numbers often remain in use for a long time, and the
conscription number plates often stay in place (see photos in the proposals).

One other important aspect is that although addr:conscriptionnumber is in
use in some regions, it is not documented on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr. That's why all conscription
numbers in Austria are mapped as addr:housenumber. We cannot use that key
for the street-housenumber and the conscriptionnumber at the same time, so
we need addr2 to map both.