> We don't want "name:Main Street=yes".
You are mixing everything in key, this is not what I suggest.

fullsemantickey=fullsemangicvalue shouldn't be moved to
fullsemantickey:fullsemangicvalue=yes

This makes to sense, now you have to parse key instead of value...

I only talk about separating key=*part-of-value-withown-meaining1;*
*part-of-value-withown-meaining2;part-of-value-withown-meaining3;*
*part-of-value-withown-meaining4* into separate keys
key:semanticsubkey1=yes
key:semanticsubkey2=yes
key:semanticsubkey3=yes
key:semanticsubkey4=yes

and not
key:value=yes — this is horrible and impossible to query similar to
multivalued keys
key=parsemevalue1;parsemevalue2;parsemevalue3 — this is also impossible to
query (realistically, not with regexes)

But it also wrong if you remove all flexibility of multiple keys under
really-log-unusable-value simply because "we have relations for that
realson". Relations are fine, but keys are easier to understand for newbies
and query. Instead of regexes you have to learn about querying only for
relations, querying only for members with specific roles. This is donable,
but this takes time.

This is imporlant. *Roles are not accessible by our documentation or tools*.
We cannot use this in presets or localize strings for it. There no
difference in documentation for building=yes if it is with role 'inner' or
'address'.

Users should decide when to really use ';'. But we should discourage them
from using it everywhere. It was proposal multiple times by many users
already:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:abandoned&diff=next&oldid=878767
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:disused&diff=next&oldid=862845
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Semi-colon_value_separator&diff=prev&oldid=1113856
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:is_in&diff=prev&oldid=67210#Problems_of_accuracy

Again, see millionshighways with only 1 value
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/highway#values
Many name tags with only 1 value
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=name

Actually there very-very few examples where this can make sense:
ref=3;4 — reference roads with same meaning. There way more reference
systems than you may think
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:ref&oldid=1129065
opening_hours — this is very specific key you have to process/parse its
value each time, you can query "opening_hours"="24/7", but this tag is more
complex than "simple tag to tag 24/7 feature"
lanes — used to indicate lanes, with specific order, left-to-right
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=lanes

Can somebody continue this list of exceptions?