> in order to catch them all you need color:*green*=yes, a (simple) regular
expression
I don't need any regex. STOP.

color:green=yes
color:green:lightgreen=yes

"color:green"="yes" query is dead simple.

> Even with your schema you will not be able to avoid that people will need
regular expressions to express some queries.
What.

> So, this is a non-issue for anybody that isn't working directly with the
raw data.
What. Do you ever open JOSM?

   - we can provide newbies them with link to wiki.
   - we don't need to teach every person how to parse "japanese" from
cuisine=mexican;japanese
   using f#$% regexes
   - we can provide clear definition at wiki page for iD or JOSM developers
   with description of tag instead of guessing by taginfo stats EVERY time
   they want to adjust something in presets
   - custom strings in editors or JOSM presets are easier to add
   - we get benefits from taginfo stats by using xxx:yyy=yes
   - advanced set querying for users,
   - reduced cpu load for database because there no need to compute *smart
   regexes*