On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "cistern" in English implies underground or covered.
>
> You want something like
> man_made=water_tank (unfortunately often used as firw-water tank)
>
> or
> man_made=storage
> storage=water

I realize there's a bit of a bikeshedding factor, but at least regionally,
homesteaders (still surprisingly common here!) refer to a large,
above-ground tank used to store drinking water as a cistern.  Usually
placed immediately adjacent to the building it serves and is fed by the
rain gutters from said structure.  Usually some kind of plastic, and in the
1500-3000 gallon range.  Also, most likely the toilets in the same building
are of the RV variety to conserve water, and therefore are highly unlikely
to have a cistern.