I like what you've done with this. I would suggest that for waste disposal,
i.e., sewage, consider adding amenity=dump_station to the list of optional
tags. Although Taginfo shows only about 100 instances of the tag so far
(including variations like dump_station=yes/no), Dump Station, etc.) , this
term describing a facility for dumping of RV holding tanks is very common
in the U.S.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Tod Fitch <t...@fitchdesign.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the quote all, but the email app on this cell phone doesn't make
> it easy to edit quoted text.
>
> Regarding detail mapping of individual sites/pitches, the reason I mapped
> the camp sites in the campgrounds on a local mountain was for a Forest
> Service volunteer group. The local medical fire/ambulance agency saw it and
> asked for a copy. Changing my Mapnik style sheets around I was able to make
> a large scale printed map with the specific details they wanted. They
> believe it will save time in responding to medical incidents.
>
> When I get back in town and to a real computer I'll make the wiki edits
> suggested by another response on this thread.
>
> Tod
>

> On February 1, 2015 4:43:30 PM PST, David Bannon <dban...@internode.on.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2015-02-01 at 15:22 -0800, Tod Fitch wrote:

>>>  I would like to have some of the items on Extend_camp_site page brought
>>> onto the main camp_site page. Specifically the site/pitch specific tags at
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches
>>>
>>>  While they are not widely used, I see a fairly big geographical
>>> distribution which implies that they might be understood and universal
>>> enough to warrant better mention.
>>>
>>>  And, of course, I used them myself when mapping a couple of U.S. Forest
>>> Service campgrounds. :)
>>>

>> Tod, I agree with the idea but mindful of Warin's advice, more things on
>> the page, less chance of getting it
>> approved. Incidently, AU we'd say
>> 'site', the overall area would be a campground (but too late, its
>> already called camp_site).
>>
>> I don't know if I, personally, would ever bother to map a campground
>> down to individual sites (or pitches as you would say). But campground
>> owners sure would and it would be useful indeed. I'd vote for them.
>>
>> Maybe we should try and do parallel development of these things, bring
>> up a proposal for -
>>
>> 1. Overall campground, titled "additions to tourism=camp_site"
>>
>> 2. Site specific additions, "pitch specific additions to
>> tourism=camp_site"
>>
>> 3. Warin's kitchen specific ones.
>>
>> We could prepare and discuss as a set but keep voting separate so we
>> don't get a few negative votes killing whole thing ?
>>
>> David

> --

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska