Hi!

> On Feb 2, 2015 8:47 AM, "Martin Vonwald" <imagic....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes - and what tag would that be for emergency stopping only? I think
>> that is my main question. Do we have one for that?
>>

> parking:lane=emergency seems like a good value.

But those lanes are neither parking lanes nor is parking:lane=emergency an
access value nor can we use it to solve the problem, when those lanes may
be used by other vehicles like motorcycles at any time.

> Am 02.02.2015 um 16:31 schrieb Martin Vonwald:
> > Still the question is unanswered: if, for example, one lane is a
> > emergency/shoulder lane during night and a regular lane during day, how
> > may we map this?
> >
> > access:lanes=yes|yes|now_it_is_a_shoulder @ night
> > access:lanes=yes|yes|yes @ day
>
> On the german motorway A 8 southeast of Munich I have seen (and continued):
> access:lanes=yes|yes|yes|peak_traffic
> which seems to be a similar concept.

This seems to be an intended replacement for access=.... @ condition,
because peak_traffic is no known access value. It also can not be used for
lanes, which may only be used for break-downs (at some times). Furthermore
we can not use it for lanes which might be used regularly by other road
user.

I guess we don't have a solution for this at the moment. I would suggest to
document a new access value for those, e.g. "breakdown". Or would
malfunction be better suited? Any other suggestions?

We then could tag those lanes, e.g.:
* vehicle:lanes=....|breakdown @ night  +  vehicle:lanes=....|yes @ day
* vehicle:lanes=....|breakdown  +  motorcycle:lanes=....|yes

Best regards,
Martin