If we're going to have a temperature key - there should be some qualitative
values in human understandable ranges. Yes, they are subjective.

Cool/ cold / frozen / danger-cold
Warm / hot / boiling / danger-hot

Mild (human range comfortable, both hot and cold)

This allows tagging for objects / pipes / buildings with unexpected
temperatures.  there are refrigerators (cold) sub-zero freezers (danger-cold)
and exposed steam pipes (Danger-hot) which have very different temperatures
from their ambient environment - and knowing the exact temp of the freezer, or
the range it operates in is not so useful, but knowing that it is someplace
where if you stayed there, it could kill you is very useful.

There could also be a sublet value to define class of method, if the object
itself isn't the source of the temperature (aka a steam pipe is inherently hot,
but a room is made hot by a device or method)

temperature=mild
temperature:hvac=controlled (heated&cooled)

temperature=warm
temperature:hvac=heated

temperature=warm
temperature:fire=heated

temperature=danger-cold
temperature:hvac=cooled

temperature=-20 (c)
temperature:hvac=cooled

(freezer warehouse where the value is constant and known)

Filing all the different man made heating options (radiator, electric heater,
oil boiler) it all gets filed under HVAC (heating ventilation air
conditioning), as method might be very hard to determine how something is kept
warm, but it could be filed in the hvac subkey.

Temperature:hvac=kerosene_heater

Temperature:fire=wood_fireplace

Just my ideas, not sure how well they fit - but having some kinds of
qualitative values is important, as the range is more useful than the exact
number most of the time.

Javbw