Since the previous version was in RFC for far more than 2 Weeks and there were no discussions about the physical location. I figured one week would be enough. The Proposal Process page specifies :"At least two weeks after the RFC, and once problems brought up in discussion have been resolved by modifying the proposal, send out a (Request for Voting)". Since I thought that i resolved all the issues, i figured one additional week would be enough.

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de, Tue Feb 10 15:41:42 UTC 2015
Oh dear. I had hoped to discuss the mapping of physical traffic signal
locations with you before the vote. I was not aware that you had planned
to vote after just 1 week of discussion for the new proposal version.

Tobias