Storage and long term parking are subtly different - and LTP is definitely a
part of parking.

AFAIK, long term storage has the assumption that a: you are a traveller in some
respect, and the amenity is usually near transportation facilities

B: you will come back sometime, once possibly unspecified,

C And then You will leave, and the use of the facility is over.

So LTP is for temporary storage of a vehicle, when you leave the contract is
up, and it returns home with you.

Storage is the opposite - the item's home is the storage company/lot. It
"lives" there. You remove it temporarily for usage and then it returns "back
home" to the storage yard. Leaving the storage yard is not the end of the
storage contract - there is the assumption that the item will return, and until
there is a change, the item will perpetually live there.

Javbw